- You have a number of rights as a matter of law, notably under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This Policy is not intended to detract from your legal rights.
How we collect your information
- We collect personal information about you from a number of sources. The information may be provided by you through our website, or may be obtained as a result of your browsing activity on our website. All your communications with Swarmer, whether by email, in writing or in person, may also include personal information. Additional information may also be obtained from third parties.
- Any of the following people may provide personal information about you to us:
- You or any of your agents or delegates.
- Credit reporting agencies.
- Debt recovery agencies.
The kinds of personal information we may hold
- Amongst the personal information about you which we may receive or which otherwise comes into our possession are the following:
- Your name, your residential address, Passport or Drivers Licence number, communication details (including email address and telephone number), your sex, and date of birth.
- Bank account numbers and other information about your financial situation.
- Details of your internet browser.
- Information relating to any businesses or companies in which you may be involved or which you may have an interest.
You consent to the collection of personal information
- You agree that we may receive, collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To assess whether you are eligible to participate in Swarmer’s services.
- To ascertain that any information we hold about you is correct, including by communication with third parties and checking databases.
- To verify information with relevant Government agencies.
- To verify and check any information about you with credit reporting agencies or other third parties for the purposes of anti-money laundering rules (including the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (AML/CTF Act), or for the purposes of preventing or detecting fraud.
- Where possible we will try to collect personal information about you directly from you, although at law we are entitled to obtain that information from other sources in certain circumstances.
- You also agree that information about you supplied by us to third parties like credit reporting agencies may be held by those agencies for their own purposes but subject to legal requirements relating to the use and disclosure of that information.
What we will do with your personal information
- Any information we collect concerning you will be used only for the purposes of Swarmer’s business. Those purposes are wide ranging and include the following:
- Assessing your eligibility and suitability to take advantage of the services we offer.
- Where you are associated with a business seeking capital through our services, to consider and verify the information made or to be made to actual or potential investors.
- To communicate with you in relation to our products and services, including offering potential investments and seeking feedback on matters like customer satisfaction.
- To enable us to meet our legal and contractual obligations, including in relation to offerings of securities, fraud matters, lawsuits or any Government investigation or proceeding.
Looking after your personal information
- We will not retain your personal information if the law does not permit us to do so. Equally we will retain your personal information where the law requires us to do so. This may mean that we will continue to hold the information after you cease to use our services.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without authority) by taking all appropriate safeguards as are reasonable in all the circumstances.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- While we are committed to keep all personal information that we hold about you in a safe environment protected from unauthorised access, we are permitted by law to disclose personal information about you in certain circumstances. These circumstances are as follows:
- Where you have agreed that we may disclose.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where the source of the information is a publicly available publication.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where the disclosure of the information is for one of the purposes in connection with which the information was obtained or is directly related to those purposes.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where the disclosure is to third party service providers to enable them to supply their services to us.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where the disclosure is to any Governmental agency or regulatory authority for the purposes of complying with any legal requirement or in connection with actual or threatened legal proceedings.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where disclosure is necessary to enable the sale of our business as a going concern.
- We will protect your personal information against loss, access, use, modification and disclosure (in each case without Where disclosure is to related entities of Swarmer’s in relation to their crowd-sourced funding activities.
- The Privacy Act also permits certain other disclosures.
Accessing personal information
- The law permits you to obtain from us confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you and also to have access to that information. Much of that information will be contained in your member details if you are a member of “Swarmer”. Otherwise you may request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at:
Address: Level 27, 91 King William Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Attention: Swarmer Privacy
Correction of personal information
- You will always be entitled to request correction of any personal information we hold about you and, in addition, to request that there be attached to the information a statement of any correction which you may have sought but which for any reason has not been made.
- We may from time to time set up cookies on your computer, and may access those cookies. Any information so collected will be non-personal and anonymous and we will obtain such information solely to understand your use of our website. Cookies can be disabled (and enabled) in your web browser.