Investing for your future
Shares purchased in an equity crowdfunding business are a long-term investment, as you will not be able to sell your shares quickly if you need the money or decide that this investment is not right for you. Instead, investors may see returns after an "exit"
event. This is an opportunity where investors can sell shares or otherwise receive returns. These events can include situations where:
- The company you invest in sells to another company
- The company undertakes an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and
- lists on a registered stock exchange
- The company buys back the shares you invested
- You sell your shares to another person (if private sales of your shares are allowed)
- A company provides dividend payments to its shareholders
Investment in early-stage and growth companies is speculative and carries high risk - this means some of these events may never occur. We recommend spreading your risk by investing in a few companies in a portfolio approach, which will increase the likelihood of some of the above events happening. Read all Offer Documents and the CSF Risk Warning ahead of making any investments with us.